Skip to main content

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I love Winter in the Puget Sound. It only takes a 1/2 an inch of snow to shut the whole town down. Church was canceled, I am sure school will be canceled and there is absolutely nobody out on the street. Do you know what it took to get a snow day in SLC? 4-5 feet? and then some! However, we do have icy roads and severe wind bursts to deal with. I went all out on my door decorations this year and don't even want to put them back up until the wind subsides!


Quote of the week:
Mom:"Tucker, can you help me pick up your mess?"

Tuck:"ummm, my ears aren't working"

The Creche is over and was wonderful. Before~
After ~










Last, my 3 faves about Christmas by category~

Music: Josh Groban's "Angels We Have Heard On High"
MoTab "Sleigh Ride"
Amy Grant "Breath of Heaven"

Movies: Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
Elf

Food: Specalaous (how the heck do you spell that?)
Cheese balls
Anything with ginger

Memories: Participating in a Sub For Santa with my family when I was about 12. We earned money playing our instruments and then used it to buy Christmas for a young mom and her two boys. I will never forget the excitment of the two boys when we handed over our televsion set to them. Definitely an emotional experience.

Being 36 weeks pregnant and too large to travel home for the first Christmas we were married. We stayed up all night on Christmas Eve and attended Midnight Mass at that huge Catholic church in North Seattle.

MTC Christmas...what more can I say?

What about you? Any cool traditions? Songs? Memories? Foods? Please share!

PS- Yes, we are going private...it is just taking me forever to add in the email addresses!

Comments

The Dillon 6 said…
This is a great post...I may have to copy you (memories, favorites, etc.). I went to midnight mass once, too...it was very interesting and I think everyone should do it at least once in life. I've now sent you the Creche pictures (or is that too presumptuous of me to think you were referring to me).

Bianca, you did an AMAZING job with the Creche!!
Michaelynn said…
I'm so sad I missed the Creche event. With the funeral and everything it just became impossible to fit it in. I'm sad, but I heard it was great. I hope it continues and I'll be able to see it next year and many years to come. But hopefully you won't have so much to do next time!
Unknown said…
YOu need to add me in your private blog list. I deleted you a while ago considering I didn't ask to be added, but then, here you are week in and week out. I figured this is the best way to keep up with you and the collings!!
chelsie said…
Just checking to make sure we're on the list - cbruggeman23@yahoo.com

Hope you have a beautiful Christmas! :)
Manny and I would like to be added to your blog list, it is nice for us to see how your family is doing even though you guys are so far away. amytalways@hotmail.com
I soooo miss this about Maple Valley. It looks amazing. I'm sure it was Awesome!
Add me to your email list.
amy germer said…
eat post! Lisa said the Creche turned out great this year. wish we did something cool like that up here. Have a Merry Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day

One of the things I really wanted for Mother's Day this year was a picture of me with my children.OK, I really should have thought of something less stressful: "Come here Tucker" "There's a piece of candy on the chair" "Say, Thomas the train I love you" "Please come back..." "No more pictures for me" Thanks to Dave for his patience, we did get some decent shots. I must write for the record how grateful I am to be a mother. There is nothing on earth I would rather be doing right now. I honestly love them so much. Thank you NB, I just had to steal this from your blog: Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you’ve had a baby. That Somebody doesn’t know that once you’re a mother, “Normal,” is history. Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct That Somebody never took a three-year-old shopping. Somebody said you don’t need an education to be a mother. That Somebody never helped a fourth

Child Rearing Race

My visiting brother from Utah and I were left without spouses for 4 days. This wouldn't have been such a big deal, but our kids had already been together 24/7 for 6 days and our boys couldn't think of anything better to do than fight. I don't know about you, but 1 entire day of fighting is enough to drive one mad--now times that by 4. Near the end of the week(and our rope) my brother and I had a heart to heart and posed the question~what in life could be more mentally difficult than this? The only thing I could think of (now remember, we'd just run the Ragnar) was running a marathon. Someone once told me that if you could mentally get through a marathon, you could get through anything. So, I put it to the test...I ran a... OK , not a marathon, but a 1/2. Raising children and running difficult races are so much the same. They both require so much of you emotionally, physically and mentally and yet the end reward is so gratifying. I can't express the joy I felt yester

Welcome To Alpine

Home We packed everything we own into this garage, and then shut the door on it for one week. I wish I had a better shot of all the furniture stacked on top of each other.  What do I love the most about being in Utah? THE SUN. We have been outside non stop. 7 Peaks water park, bike rides, running, hiking, swimming. We can't get enough - it is wonderful! This is the view from the parking lot of our church. It doesn't do this cute little town justice. We are tucked into the far northeast corner of Utah county. Even though I grew up with these mountains, I am still in awe of their beauty.  There are still boxes lingering, but here are a few pics to get you started. Family Room Entry way Eden's room Kitchen Living Room (music area) Who knows what led us to this area, but I am in love. This little town is just about the cutest thing ever. We live about one block from City Hall and every day, during day light hours t