Skip to main content

Happy Birthday LUKIE!

January is birthday month and today it is Luke's turn! If I could use one word to describe my Luke it would be resolute. He is determined, he sees things in black and white, he is a little stubborn and yet still has the most wonderful whit about him. He is pleasure to be with and is always willing to accompany me on my errands. He is friend has a very special way with young children. Oh, what a great big brother he is now and will be to this new little baby!

Highlights from 2013:

  • Took last place in his last pinewood derby ever. Cool way to go out as he took 1st place overall in his first pinewood derby when he was 8!
  • Competed in the Knowledge Bowl for Westfield Elementary
  • Made the ALL class
  • Joined the local swim team and took 2nd in the backstroke
  • Took his first overnight backpack trip with his dad
  • Turned in piano lessons for the bass - yay! It has been so fun watching him play this year
  • Still loves his geckos Jack and Michael
  • Finish his Webelos award and Arrow of Light
  • Started 5th grade and joined the school orchestra and Battle of The Books team
  • Learned to snow ski, bowl and stand up on a paddle board while being pulled by a jet ski!
Such a fun year! Here's to an even better 2014 (can't wait to give you your gift tonight...it is one of those dream-come-true type!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's just call this paybacks

Dave got the heads up this morning that we were going to have a couple of "special" talks on reverence today as the Stake Presidency was a little concerned about how loud our sacrament meetings have become. I thought ~ great, let's prep the kids ~ I told them that they were to be on their best behavior, no snacks, no toys, no talking, you get the idea... The meeting went pretty smooth until the Bishop got up. He very tenderly started talking about how important it is that we teach our children about the sacrament...it was at that moment that my family fell a part. Eden and Luke started fighting and Liza and Tucker started screaming---did I mention we were on the second row? I grabbed Luke and put him in a body hold and motioned for Dave to get Tuck and Liza out. Dave left with Liza and Tuck (so I thought...) and next thing you know, Tucker is up on the stand running back and forth behind the Bishop. My sweet friend sitting next to me jumped up to get Tuck, but he of cours...

Lesson Learned

Have you ever been in a grocery or Target type store with all your kiddos and had a lovely employee tell your children to "please sit down in the cart!"? Well I have...several times. Each time I politely smile and say sorry, but all the while my brain is filled with smart aleck comments like "hey, last time I checked, I was their mother," or, "lady it's either standing up in the cart or pulling product off your shelves-you choose!" I have been sufficiently humbled. This morning, like all mornings, I put Eliza in her high chair to get her out of my hair for a moment so that I could make breakfast. She immediately climbed out and was about to stand on the table when she lost her balance and fell to the floor. I raced over to pick her up and noticed that while she was trying to scream nothing was coming out of her mouth. I picked her up and she started seizing, her eyes rolled back into her head and then she went limp. No words can describe the thoughts...

Facelift

It is time this blog gets a facelift! I know it is not "in season" but I don't think I want to update my widgets for at least another year. Dave and I just got back from a weekend cruise with some friends on the NCL. We got a small taste of what a real cruise was like and that was all it took. We are already planning the next, much longer one. It might be 10 years before we do it, but it is fun to plan nontheless.